
One of the more famous race tracks in America, and one of those which is known internationally.
Home of the American F1 until 2007 (I think), although famous for numerous other events in America, such as the Indianapolis 500 - altough I couldn't tell you what type of cars race in that event, i've only heard the name before!!!
They also race Nascar here, but that's as interesting as that gets, so moving on.
They have a museum which houses nearly all the car which have won races at the Indianapolis track sine it was opened, right back to the very early 1900's.
Much like Brooklands race circuit back home in England, this circuit has a lot of history, and it's original conception was to create a place to test cars, followed by basic competition - run on a circuit make of bricks! At least Brooklands was concreted!
The major difference being that while Brooklands became a base in WWII for manufacturing planes etc and now most of the circuit is destroyed or laying in ruins, Indianapolis is a fully functioning race track still.
I went on a bus ride around the circuit - fully expecting it to be the interesting race track, but no, it was just the oval loop used in Nascar, so at least Ican say i've been on it, but there was little need for photo's since it was straight with 2 bends...!
This was just an interesting stop to make on my drive, another place I can say i've been to and seen!

No comments:
Post a Comment