Wednesday, 18 February 2009

Bryce Canyon National Park

It is a pleasure to have you along for the ride Oliver & Terry!!!

Further to Zion posted below; today I took the (rather long) drive out to Bryce Canyon. I had to travel through Zion again to get there, and with snow fall over night the roads were much icier and very slippy as I climbed up towards the tunnel. Wonderful views with everything covered in fresh snow.

Amazingly even from the same 'points' in the Canyon overlooking the Amphitheatre (the region I have photographed) if you just walk a mere hundred yards you are greeted with a completely new view to look at. I visited a total of 3 points, all overlooking the Amphitheatre from different areas of the canyon.

Pictures Here

Simply stunning park, even more impressive than Zion for sheer magnitude.
It was however over 8,000 feet above sea level so the oxygen was beginning to get thinner!

Interestingly enough I have also discovered the petrol at the entry of Bryce canyon (and with Zion), essentially in the middle of nowhere is cheaper than in the surrounding 'civilised' areas!

No comments:

Post a Comment