They are situated not far from Colorado Springs, and i've only included a few photo's because that is all I took.
Pictures here
I also visited the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, which I think is one of the most comprehensive zoo's i've visited yet. I think I went to the zoo at the wrong time of year as some of the animals were a little drowsy, and some like the Wolve's were hard to spot.Although, some, such as the pair of Grizzly Bears were most active spending all the time I was there playing around with each other.
I overheard someone talking about the Mountain Lions, and he made a very good point, when you watched them you could see he was right. The really scary thing is, in the photo's I have posted you can see they are all looking at something, always focused on something. That something was children, small people, easy targets.
His words were "no wonder they have problems in places, look how they follow the kids movements".
Survival of the fittest still rules these cats minds, good to see they still have some instincts.
That said, they are wonderfully majestic in their own way, very proud animals who were clearly very aware of their surroundings.
It was a very good day at the zoo, and I think I would recommend it to anyone, the location is close to Colorado Springs, and it is built into the foot of a mountain, so for many of the animals it is their natural environment. My only concern was that one or two of the enclosures were a little small for the animals concerned, although they are doing a lot of work there and some were simply 'holding pens' apparently, which isn't so bad if they have a nice place to go to soon.
I also visited Seven Falls, again another bit of a disappointment, but very interesting to see it all frozen over like that. They have lots of hiking trails, so if that is your sort of thing then I think it is definitely worth a visit!
Seven Falls Pictures Here

No comments:
Post a Comment